Friday, February 28, 2014

Some Summer Stuff

I doubt know you are wondering what we were up to last summer.  I left out some fun things from my "I'm Back" post. I can hear you cheering from here!

 These are the chairs we painted and distressed for Emma's kitchen table.  I made the cushions.  We had a butcher block table that we gave her.  
We painted and reupholstered 2 chairs for her living room but can't find those pictures right now.  She is using lots of aqua and pink.  

In late July we spent a day at a Korean Heritage Camp in the Dallas area.  Emma went to these type camps every summer in Tulsa from the time she was small until she was big enough to attend as a counselor.  We took quilts that I had finished up from blocks that campers had drawn the previous summer.  One of the camp sponsors takes trips to Korea periodically with birthland tours.  She will take the quilts to the agency that many of our adopted children came home through.  



 Don't you love the cheerful drawings?  The kids at camp love knowing that they are making something that will go to Korea to help children there. 

I cut squares of white Kona and ironed them to freezer paper squares which stabilized them.  We taped them to tables with painter's tape and gave the kids Crayola brand fabric markers for their drawings.  I peeled the freezer paper off and heat set the drawings by throwing the squares in the dryer on high for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment